Broccoli Brassica Blend contains broccoli, broccoli raab, radish, mustard, arugula.
Compostable packaging is 100% plant film from non GE corn.
- Days to Sprout Sprout- 4-5, Microgreen- 8-12
- Soak Time 2-3 hours
- Yield 1 Tbsp of dry seed yields 1.5 – 2 cups of sprouts
- Storage Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
This sprouting mix has a cellular detoxifier that may prevent cancer and rejuvenate the immune system. Arugula- Very high in protein, vitamin B6, amino acids, iron and calcium Broccoli- Rich in vitamins K, C, B6, and E, folate, dietary fiber phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium Mustard- A powerhouse of protein and a great source of vitamins A, B6, and C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and amino acids. Radish- Great protein source and very good source of vitamins A, B6, C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
Did You Know
This mixture is named after Brassica (brÃ¡s-si-ca), the genus of plants in the mustard family to which the seeds in this mix belong. Brassica vegetables are rich in indole-3-carbionl, a chemical which boosts DNA repair in cells and appears to block the growth of cancer cells. They are also a good source of carotenoids, with broccoli having especially high levels. Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley have recently discovered that 3,3′-diindolylmethane in Brassica vegetables is a potent modulator of the innate immune response system with potent antiviral, antibacterial and anticancer activity. Source- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassica
Easy Sprouting Directions (Jar Method):
- SOAK – Put 1-2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 2-3 hours. (Soaking longer than 3 hours may cause seeds from the brassica family to loose germination.) Drain.
- RINSE – Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY – Ready in 4-5 days. Refrigerate to store.