An easy 5-day sprout. Mix of lentils, radish, alfalfa, red clover, mustard. Our first mix and still a favourite.
Compostable packaging is 100% plant film from non GE corn.
- Days to Sprout 4 to 5
- Soak Time 4-6 hours
- Yield 1 tbsp of dry seed yields approx. 2-3 cups of sprouts.
- Storage Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you’d like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they’ll last even longer!
Lentils- An excellent source of folate and manganese, and a good source of thiamin, iron, phosphorus, and copper. Red Clover- Vitamins A, B, C, E, & K; rich in minerals and trace elements.
Alfalfa- Rich in vitamins C and B6, riboflavin, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, protein, thiamin, pantothenic acid, calcium, and iron.
Radish- Great protein source and very good source of vitamins A, B6, C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Black Mustard- Vitamins A & C, minerals.
Easy sprouting directions (jar method):
- SOAK- Put 1 to 2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 4 to 6 hours. Drain well.
- RINSE – Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY – Ready to eat in 3 to 4 days. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)